What you can do to support:
- Physical Safety
- Watch her for signs of serious physical health problems.
- Keep guns and medication safely locked up.
- Mental Health
- Encourage her to talk with her provider.
- Offer emotional support.
- Accompany her to doctor's appointments.
- Write down the concerns and questions you both have for doctor or therapist.
- Spend time each day just being with her... no distractions or talk about responsibilities.
- Call the Post Partum Depression hotline if you need assistance.
- Educate yourself about Post Partum Depression.
- Help at Home
- Help around the house without being asked.
- Help care for the baby without being asked.
- Set limits with friends and family on visit time.
- Answer the phone. Take a message.
- Throw in a load of laundry. Assist with other daily tasks.
- Order take-out for dinner or cook.
National Postpartum Depression Hot Line: